What are your responsibilities as Head of Testing at Saietta?
As Head of Testing you will lead and participate in the development of both in-wheel-motor technology and associated inverter technology. You will lead the Testing Facility and you will focus on the validation of the different Saietta products on component and (sub)system level. You will be responsible for the performance of the Test Engineers in executing internal as well as external test cases from test plan to test report. The tests are ranging from functional behaviour validation to climate- and vehicle testing. We also expect you to be able to assist in operations and perform test work as needed.
You will ensure that the test equipment and resource is able to support and meet all internal and external customer requirements. This may lead to modification of existing facilities or specification and design of new equipment. Equally engaging with external partners to provide the right capability matched against the test requirements.
As Head of Testing, you work in close cooperation with the Leads of various engineering disciplines to make sure the output of the Testing Department agrees requirements and legislations. Given the complexity of our products and the ambition to expand and improve our testing process to adhere to ISO17025 principles you will be challenged in both the technical and the process side of the testing domain.
In this role you report to the CTO.
In addition to this, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Maintain a workable department process with budgets, goals and deliverables matching the quality expectations of the customer and the company;
- Review deliverables of test engineers on the technical correctness and the adherence to department process agreements;
- Evaluate, coach and support the Team in their development of knowledge, competencies, and talents;
- Timely communication of difficulties in adhering to planning, availability of resources or other issues in test execution and/or test result, so suitable mitigation can be taken;
- Assess existing test equipment and look at the current and future test requirements to plan for modification and/or new test equipment;
- Assure a safe working environment and ensure that risk assessments are completed along with appropriate user manuals and trainings.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor or Master degree in Automotive-, Electronics- or Mechatronic engineering;
- 5+ years of experience in a testing environment (automotive is a plus);
- Experience in a Lead position, were experience with leading a multicultural team is preferred;
- You work in a systematic and structured way;
- You are proactive, a team player and have a hands-on mentality;
- You have good communication skills in English (oral and written, Dutch is a plus);
- You possess Project Management and Organization skills;
- You have knowledge of industry standards for electrical equipment in road vehicles (for example ISO6469, ISO16750, UNECE R85 & R10, GB/T 18488);
- You have knowledge of controls and PID, instrumentation and calibration, hydraulics and pneumatics, automotive communication protocols (CAN, CANopen, Flexray);
- A working knowledge of the Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) and IEC 61508 (Functional Safety) is beneficial.
- We offer an international and attractive working environment with highly skilled, professional and enthusiastic employees who look beyond the boundaries of their own discipline so that optimal cooperation takes place;
- In addition, we offer a challenging, informal working atmosphere in which respect for each other is important and where the lines of communication are short;
- At Saietta there is room and attention for your individual development;
- Your benefit package is always competitive (including an iPhone and a bonus scheme), depending on your experience.
Acquisition by commercial agencies on this vacancy is not appreciated.Apply now