What are your responsibilities as a Functional Safety & System Engineer at Saietta?
As a Functional Safety & System Engineer you will design at system level the basic requirements on which the safety-related, functional, and technical specifications of our Engineering and Development projects can be defined. You will actively contribute to the improvement of the concept and system level development process. In addition, you will get the chance to actively shape and define the System Engineering processes at our company.
You will be responsible for the planning, specification, and application of automotive functional safety activities according to ISO 26262 and integrating the Safety Lifecycle witing our development process. These activities will enhance the safety of our electric driveline solutions. The solutions are developed by means of “state of the art” technologies, methods and tools such as Enterprise Architect and Medini Analyze. You will work with colleagues from various disciplines in a multi-disciplinary environment.
As we are working on cutting edge technology, our development team is continuously facing a number of design challenges, were providing a safe product that meet the customer need is one of them.
In addition to this, your main task and responsibilities are:
- Executing product safety lifecycle according to ISO 26262 and managing the safety case;
- Defining and introducing System Engineering processes, methods, and tools especially model-based System Engineering (MBSE) methods while integrating the ISO 26262 Safety Lifecycle with these processes;
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders to identify their needs and translate them into system requirements and ensuring our products are functionally safe complying with ISO 26262 and other relevant standards;
- Defining and planning the functional safety activities;
- Specifying and moderating safety analyses sessions;
- Defining and specifying the functional behaviour of our systems;
- The development of conceptual designs and architecture based on customer requirements;
- The modelling of systems using modelling software and validating these models;
- Interacting with external functional safety experts for evaluation, assessment, and certification purposes;
- Defining system test cases and relevant KPIs;
- Supporting and reviewing test activities, test specifications and test analyses.
What do we expect from you?
- Master or Bachelor level in (Technical) Computer Science, Embedded Systems, Automotive, Electrical Engineering or comparable field;
- At least 3 years of experience in an equivalent position (preferred in an Automotive environment);
- Good knowledge of functional safety in general. (ISO 26262, IEC61508 or comparable);
- Experienced in safety analyses HAZOP, HARA, FME(D)A, FTA, etc.;
- Modelling using Matlab Simulink;
- Requirement analysis and requirement management;
- Good knowledge of SysML and the V development cycle;
- Being able to work with version control system (SVN);
- Being able to work with an issue management system (TRAC);
- Training or certification as INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional, IREB Professional for Requirements Engineering or comparable is a plus;
- Pro-active, team player, hands-on mentality, going the extra mile;
- Experience with Electric or Hybrid Technology is a plus;
- Knowledge of hardware and software development techniques and tools;
- Good communication skills;
- Fluent in English.
- We offer an international and attractive working environment with professional and enthusiastic employees who look beyond the boundaries of their own discipline so that optimal cooperation takes place;
- In addition, we offer a challenging, informal working atmosphere in which respect for each other is important and where the lines of communication are short;
- At Saietta there is room and attention for your individual development;
- Your benefit package is always competitive (including an iPhone and a bonus scheme), depending on your experience.
Acquisition by commercial agencies on this vacancy is not appreciated.Apply now